Making a Print at Home – Online
This fun bite-sized self-directed taster session aims to get you thinking about the possibilities of print. You will learn how to make a basic relief print of various objects from botanicals to coins while getting a feel for what to expect from the ‘Printmaking at home- the basics’ online course with live workshops.
You will learn to make a simple relief print of an object of your choice using oil paints. We will look into the process as well as how to apply the process to a variety of objects to build up your prints.
There will be a practical pre-recorded demonstrative workshop given by tutor Evangeline Morris. You will be able to follow along with her how to make your own simple relief print and understand how to take the process further with your own creative ideas.
This is a self-directed online taster workshop.
What you will need:
- oil paint, any colour you fancy
- paper, any paper you have including card, newspaper and book pages
- sponge, only a small piece per colour
- objects to print from, leaves, petals, keys, anything (think about textures)
- small drizzle of oil and washing up liquid, for cleaning up after
Join our Online printmaking at home: the basics course!