We are looking forward to seeing you in our online classes!
We have two types of classes:
- self-directed sessions, where you will be learning from recorded videos and using other resources to further your knowledge
- live online sessions, where you will meet with your tutor and fellow learners virtually, with support of further materials shared through our online learning environment
How will classes take place online?
You will connect with your course using the Activate Learning Online (ALO) platform. Your course is entirely self-contained within ALO; you will not require access to any other external applications.
Desktops and laptops:
Please note that the Canvas Activate Learning Online site will only open in the latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
You access ALO through ALO Dashboard
Mobile and tablets:
You should download the Canvas Student mobile app which can then be used to access your course information.
What happens after I enrol on a course?
Straight after you enrol and pay online you will receive an email confirmation from PayPal confirming the fact that the payment has been taken.
We will then start processing your enrolment and within one working day, will send you an email confirmation about your place on the course.
When this is confirmed, we’ll create an online account for you and within one working day we will send you login credentials and joining instructions to our Activate Learning Online (ALO) platform.
What to do before your first session?
Within two working days after you enrol and pay for your online course, you will receive an email confirmation from Activate Learning with Activate Learning Online (ALO) login credentials and joining instructions for the ALO platform. Please try it out before your first session to make sure everything works.
What equipment do I need?
To participate in the live online session, you will need:
- A laptop, PC, or a tablet. You can use your smartphone, but that may have some limitations.
- A stable internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser. This is software on your computer that enables you to access the Internet.
- A webcam. This is normally part of your laptop or tablet. If you are using a desktop PC, you may need to have an external webcam.
- A microphone. This is normally part of your laptop or tablet. If you are using a desktop PC, you may need to have an external microphone.
- Speakers or headphones.
I need more help
The Activate Learning Online platform provides a real-time help service. Below are a number of options ranging from ‘how-to’ videos to a phone helpline.
- ALO how to videos
- Chat with Canvas Support (available 24/7)
- Call the Student ALO Helpline: 0800 09 88 682
- Call the Student IT Support Line: 01865 550415 (Mon-Fri 0830-1700). NB: this does not offer a password reset service
To reset your password, click on the ‘Forgot password?” link from the ALO login page.
Activate Learning cannot accept any responsibility or liability for damages arising from the misuse of tools or other resources when attending any of our online courses.