NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2 – Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
This is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
There are around 700,000 autistic people in the UK, more than 1 in every 100. If you work with autistic people, or if someone you know is autistic, this course is a great way to increase your knowledge about the condition.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+
- live in England, not within a non-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
Please note: If aged 19-23 you must have a Level 2 qualification.
Sign up today and you’ll be registered on the next weekly intake.
You will learn about autism and how it can affect the ways people communicate, interact and process information. You’ll learn how to support autistic people to live healthy, fulfilled lives. This fully online course will give you essential skills you need when working in mental health.
Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. Having a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism are just some of the essential skills needed when working in mental health.
This course will cover:
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
In taking this course you will:
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- evidence your competency to employers
- further your personal and professional development
- increase your understanding of environmental awareness and act as a champion in the workplace
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Some examples of progression/additional study are:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting 4CDHEFOP0R or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.