Community Learning: Summer Flower Arrangements
Under the guidance of our expert tutor learn how to create beautiful flower arrangements for your home or for a loved one.
This course will involve using seasonal flowers and foliage in a variety of interesting and varied styles and is aimed at those with a keen interest and love of flowers.
This is one of our Community Learning courses.
Our Community Learning programme offers a series of FREE courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental wellbeing for adults aged 19 or over.
You are eligible for these funded places if you are aged 19 or over (at the start of the course) and also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- either have a mental health condition or difficulty
- are employed and earning an annual salary less than £17,004 per annum
- in receipt of state benefit in your own name and unemployed or working and earning less than £338 per month (or £541 for household claims)
- are a single parent
- have a social or emotional difficulty
For further details and terms and conditions please view our Community Learning page.
You will learn the fundamentals of flower arranging including:
- how to choose and condition cut flowers for optimal vase life
- how to bring a flower arrangement to life
- a step-by-step approach to creating a floral bouquet and vase arrangements
- how to choose, use and style a container
Please note: the course will be taught onsite at our centre in Waingels College.
The techniques will be demonstrated by our friendly and experienced tutor. You will be guided all the way until you are happy with your creations.
Please bring a notebook and pen.
All basic materials and flowers will be provided, but you may wish to bring additional items to personalise your creations, including foliage and bowl or vase 6-10” diameter. Your tutor will advise on the first lesson.
Materials provided include:
- flower scissors or secateurs
- garden twine
- a variety of flowers and foliage
- simple vase or bowl
Please note: this facility is located on Waingels College campus.
Access to our building is via a black security gate located directly ahead when you enter Waingels campus. Press the button which says ‘ADULT ED’ on the buzzer and our receptionist will action the gate to open.
Our building is on the right-hand side and is clearly marked with the Activate Learning Logo. There is plenty of parking near the building.
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting AC/M/PX305 or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.