Painting and Drawing
This five week evening class is a perfect opportunity to explore the essential elements of painting and drawing still life and portraiture.
As a practicing artist, your tutor, Caroline Streatfield, will teach you to creatively make using a range of materials. You will be guided through different themes and approaches for successful observational studies.
During this course, you will learn:
- through developing your existing skills using traditional methods of mark making
- painting techniques for expressive painting
- to create linear drawings
- how to use tone to create depth in an image
- to create effective compositions and use colour to contrast and compliment
- ways to employ mixed media for interesting artworks
This course welcomes experienced and beginner artists. You will learn through a mixture of explanation and demonstration. Exercises in independent and group activities will allow for you to use many approaches and techniques. Also, peer support and one to one guidance will assist you in your artistic journey.
Basic materials will be provided, yet feel free to bring any of your own materials.
This course runs term-time only.