Computerised Accounting Level 1 – Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
If you are unemployed or on a low income and/or receiving benefits you may qualify for a free place on this course. Apply today and our admissions team will confirm if you are eligible for a free place, with no obligation.
This course is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
This computerised payroll for business Level 1 course is an entry-level qualification, ideal for anyone needing the relevant skills for employment in payroll.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+ on 31 August prior to starting the course
- live in England, not within a non-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled in an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
- are claiming a state benefit and are unemployed and looking for work.
- are employed and earning under £20,319 before tax per annum in wages (excluding benefits)
For those who do not meet the above criteria, a fee of £140 is payable.
The Sage UK Award in Computerised Accounting for Business – Level 1 has been created for those who have a basic understanding of Sage, and also those who have no experience using it.
This course will teach you:
- how to use accounting software
- basics of bookkeeping
On successful completion, you will achieve a Level One Award in Computerised Accounting.
How the course is delivered:
- This is a student-led course where you can complete your coursework at your own pace.
- A dedicated 1:1 tutor will be available to support you throughout your course on request.
- You do not need to have any prior qualifications or levels of learning.
- You don’t need to attend the campus as all support will be provided online, but you must have internet access to complete this course.
- You will be taught using SAGE Business Cloud Accounting.
- There is one exam that is taken online.
You will require your own laptop or PC and access to internet.
A computerised payroll course is a worthwhile addition to your qualifications.
You can progress to AAT Level 2 qualifications or to Computerised Accounting level 2.
Once you have achieved this qualification you could find employment as a:
- Accounts Junior Assistant
- Accounts Clerk
- Purchase and/or Sales Ledger Junior Assistant
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting 5BXBUEAP2R or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.