Art: Drawing and Painting Mixed Ability
These courses are suitable for anyone beyond the ‘beginner’ level who wants to move on and enhance their skills and knowledge across a variety of media and themes.
You will be guided and supported through demonstrations and instructions by an experienced tutor.
Study is learner-lead and all areas of art could be explored subject to theme and ability. You will:
- develop drawing and painting skills using a variety of media
- gain confidence in using a variety of media
- improve colour mixing skills and the use of colour
- develop understanding and use of linear and aerial perspective
- study composition, line, tone and texture
- topics covered may include still life, figures, animals, plants and landscape
- working from direct observation and photographic starting points
- working from a personal-sketchbook
- discuss and evaluate your own work and that of others to improve skills and gain inspiration
- formal instruction
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
Complete beginners are advised to attend Art Beginners wherever possible.