RHS Certificate Practical Horticulture Level 3
- Collecting and testing of soil samples and specifying adjustments for horticulture
- Collecting, preparing and propagating from seed
- Establishing and maintaining a range of plant types and forms
- Identification of a range of common garden plants, weeds, pests, diseases and disorders
- Planning, collecting, preparing and establishing propagation material
- Management of green spaces, landscaped areas and ornamental gardens
Whilst there are no formal pre-requisites for entry to the qualification, it is strongly recommended that students who undertake this qualification have obtained the RHS Level 2 Certificate in Practical Horticulture or equivalent before they commence on the course.
You could progress to the new RHS L3 Principles certificate. These courses are recognised nationally and internationally and offer routes into a range of careers in the Horticulture Industry.
Steel toe-capped boots are required for outdoor sessions. Current students have found that a camera is useful for keeping records of plants and techniques studied on the course.
The course will run from 9:30 to 15:00.
Delivery Day: Thursday 23-24. Disclaimer – please note the delivery day of a program can change each academic year, therefore we will not be able to confirm the delivery date for the following academic year until the summer term.
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting OC02LP0A041P or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.