Pumpkin Floral Explosion
This is a fantastic option if you’re looking for an alternative to a Halloween party or a unique and creative seasonal activity for corporate and team-building events.
Demonstrations and practical work will give you the confidence to develop your own style and create a variety of decorative arrangements for use in your own home, in the community, or for special occasions.
You will learn the fundamentals of flower arranging including:
- conditioning, preparation and choice of plant material
- the characteristics of fresh plant material
- techniques, tools, and mechanics needed to create a variety of contemporary and traditional designs
- practical experience in constructing a variety of creative arrangements
- elements and principles of design
- use and style of different containers and the incorporation of accessories
You will work at your own pace with the help and guidance of a friendly and experienced tutor, and the beautiful and peaceful setting at our Merrist Wood campus is sure to provide inspiration!
All materials including flowers will be provided, but do bring along an apron and a pair of suitable scissors or secateurs if you have them.
Activate Learning offers a range of learning for leisure flower arranging courses and workshops throughout the year.
You can progress on to Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications in floristry.
Catering facilities are not always open on a Saturday at the College, so please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks.
There is ample free parking on site.