NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
This is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
This course has a flexible start date and will run until 31 July 2024.
This course will help you gain new knowledge and skills for your personal life as well as your career. You’ll learn how to create better preventative care by identifying how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication appropriately.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+
- live in England, not within a non-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
Please note: If aged 19-23 you must have a Level 2 qualification.
Sign up today and you’ll be registered on the next weekly intake.
You will gain an understanding of:
- medication and prescriptions
- supply, storage and disposal of medication
- the requirements for the safe
- administrations of medication
- record-keeping and audit processes for medication
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe consequences, including death. Having good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication.
In taking this course you will:
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- evidence your competency to employers
- further your personal and professional development
- create better preventative care by identifying how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication appropriately
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Some examples of progression/additional study are:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online