NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
This is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
This course has a flexible start date and will run until 31 July 2024
Many people find it helpful to seek counselling at some point in their lives. A counsellor can provide support for people in all sorts of situations.
This online course provides the theory element of Counselling Skills Level 2.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+
- live in England, not within a non-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
Please note: If aged 19-23 you must have a Level 2 qualification.
Disclaimer: This course will not enable you to progress to a face-to-face Level 3 programme. If you wish to become a practising counsellor, please apply to one of our face-to-face level 2 programmes.
On this programme, you will learn about core counselling skills and how to use them in a counselling relationship. You will also be taught about counselling theory and the ethical framework that informs how counsellors use their skills.
This course will cover:
- Diversity and Ethics in the Use of Counselling Skills
- Introduction to Counselling Skills Theories
- Counselling Skills and Personal Development
- Using Counselling Skills
By taking this course you will:
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- further your personal and professional development
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Some examples of additional study are:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online