NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
This course is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
Around 450 million people worldwide suffer from a mental health problem. You can help tackle this challenge by increasing your knowledge with our Level 2 certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems.
This fully online course will help you gain new knowledge and skills for your personal life as well as your career. It covers lots of different mental health problems, including stress, anxiety, phobias, depression, dementia, eating disorders and schizophrenia. You’ll learn about the signs and symptoms of different mental health conditions and how to manage them, as well as gaining an understanding of mental health legislation and guidance.
Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year. While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in the care sector.
You will gain an understanding of:
- Mental health
- Post-natal depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Increase your understanding of environmental awareness and act as a champion in the workplace
- Aged 19+
- Live in England
- Been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 must have a Level 2 qualification
You could progress to one of the following courses:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online