NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2 – Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
This is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
This course has a flexible start date and will run until 31 July 2024.
This course will help you gain new knowledge and skills for your personal life as well as your career. It covers lots of different mental health problems, including stress, anxiety, phobias, depression, dementia, eating disorders and schizophrenia. You’ll learn about the signs and symptoms of different mental health conditions and how to manage them, as well as gaining an understanding of mental health legislation and guidance.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+
- live in England, not within a non-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
Please note: If aged 19-23 you must have a Level 2 qualification.
Sign up today and you’ll be registered on the next weekly intake.
Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year. While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in the care sector.
You will gain an understanding of:
- Mental health
- Post-natal depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
In taking this course you will:
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- evidence your competency to employers
- further your personal and professional development
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- increase your understanding of environmental awareness and act as a champion in the workplace
Some examples of progression/additional study are:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online