Therapeutic Counselling Level 4 Diploma
This two year, part-time qualification gives learners the knowledge, skills and competencies required to work as a therapeutic counsellor in an agency context.
It is designed to lead to an employed or voluntary role in a counselling agency in both healthcare and non-medical settings. Learners with sufficient experience can also begin working as independent practitioners in private practice on completion of this course.
Find out more about this programme on the CPCAB website.
On this programme you will learn:
- How to work ethically and safely as a counsellor
- Understanding the therapeutic relationship
- Working with client diversity in counselling work
- The user centred approach to working with clients
- The importance of self-awareness
- The person centred approach to therapeutic change
- The role of clinical supervision
You will learn via:
- Practical and theory lessons
- Experiential group work
- Counselling skills practice
- Case studies
- External exam (in year two)
Other course requirements
- Placement requirement (100 hrs)
- Personal counselling (60 hrs)
You must have obtained both our Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and our Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies, or their equivalent.