Electrical Installation Level 2 Diploma (Evening)
With this Electrical Installation Level 2 study programme at Blackbird Leys Technology College, you will receive teaching grounded in employability within the electro-technical industry.
Alongside developing practical skills in electrical installation, you will learn essential technology, science and health and safety required for electrical installation work.
This programme has a large practical element to give you the experience and skills required by the industry including installation, inspection and testing of electrical circuits and systems. This is the best route for those who want to work as electricians but who cannot find an apprenticeship.
You will learn through a variety of techniques to develop skills in craft, technology and related science required for electrical installation work.
When you become confident with the electrical installation processes, you will acquire knowledge of governing organisations. To prepare you for your career, you will be familiarised with the structure of the industry through placements.
Applicants for a Level 2 Electrical programme will:
- have a strong interest in their chosen programme of study
- hold a GCSE at Grade 2 in English language and maths, as well as the commitment to work towards improving these subjects within the course
- discuss past experiences of education and future ambitions with fellow students
- demonstrate specific literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- show an ambition to develop personal skills for life and work beyond successful completion of the course
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be able to progress onto:
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation
- an apprenticeship within the electrical industry
This course will be running on Tuesdays and Thursdays from, 6pm to 9pm.