NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
This course is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
Dementia is one of the main causes of disability in later life, and cases are rising. By 2051, it’s expected that two million people in the UK will have dementia. If you work with people with dementia, it’s important that you understand the condition and know how to provide the best possible care for each individual.
In our Level 2 Principles of Dementia Care course, you will learn all about approaches to dementia care. You’ll gain insight into how dementia affects the way people behave and interact, as well as how best to communicate with people who have dementia.
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year.
Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high-quality care.
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Increase your understanding of environmental awareness and act as a champion in the workplace
- Aged 19+
- Live in England
- Been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 you must have a Level 2 qualification
You could progress to one of the following courses:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online