Computerised Accounting Level 1: Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
If you are unemployed or on a low income and/or receiving benefits you may qualify for a free place on this course. Apply today and our admissions team will confirm if you are eligible for a free place, with no obligation.
This course is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
This computerised payroll for business Level 1 course is an entry-level qualification, ideal for anyone needing the relevant skills for employment in payroll.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+ on 31 August prior to starting the course
- live in England, not within a non-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled in an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
- are claiming a state benefit and are unemployed and looking for work.
- are employed and earning under £20,319 before tax per annum in wages (excluding benefits)
For those who do not meet the above criteria, a fee may be payable.
The Sage UK Award in Computerised Accounting for Business – Level 1 has been created for those who have a basic understanding of Sage, and also those who have no experience using it.
This course will teach you:
- how to use accounting software
- basics of bookkeeping
On successful completion, you will achieve a Level One Award in Computerised Accounting.
How the course is delivered:
- This is a student-led course where you can complete your coursework at your own pace.
- A dedicated 1:1 tutor will be available to support you throughout your course on request.
- You do not need to have any prior qualifications or levels of learning.
- You don’t need to attend the campus as all support will be provided online, but you must have internet access to complete this course.
- You will be taught using SAGE Business Cloud Accounting.
- There is one exam that is taken online.
You will require your own laptop or PC and access to internet.
A computerised payroll course is a worthwhile addition to your qualifications.
You can progress to AAT Level 2 qualifications or to Computerised Accounting level 2.
Once you have achieved this qualification you could find employment as a:
- Accounts Junior Assistant
- Accounts Clerk
- Purchase and/or Sales Ledger Junior Assistant