Barbering Level 2 Diploma
On this barbering course, you will develop all the skills and knowledge needed to offer outstanding treatments, gain employment within the industry, or manage/start your own business.
You will master technical skills including shaving, cutting and blending hair.
Once fully completed, this qualification will allow you to obtain insurance, providing you with confidence to work independently within the industry.
PLEASE NOTE: This course will only run if there are sufficient learner numbers.
How you will be assessed:
- Online theory tests
- Observations and Oral questioning
- Practical Assessments and Assignments
- Portfolio evidence
You will need to have your own models for the practical assessments. At all other times during your study, you will be expected to practise on peers within your group and on practice heads.
You will be expected to:
- advise and consult with clients.
- shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp.
- develop and maintain effectiveness at work.
- cut mens’ hair using basic techniques.
- cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques.
- dry and finish men’s hair.
- create basic outlines and detailing in hair.
- assist with shaving services.
On successful completion, you will be awarded the Level 2 Qualification in Barbering.
A minimum of GCSE grade 4 in English is required.
The following equipment will be required:
- Practice head (recommended for practise at home)
- Clippers kit (recommended for practise at home)
- Basic tools, products and kit can be supplied for on campus use
- Activate Learning Uniform
You could progress to:
- Level 3 Diploma in Barbering
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing