Exploring Oils and Acrylics
Suitable for those with some drawing and painting experience, this course provides an opportunity to compare and contrast the huge possibilities that these media present and exploit them appropriately.
You will be supported through demonstration and instruction by an experienced tutor.
You will learn:
- tonal drawing as a starting point
- how to work from a restricted palette
- glazing techniques in oils and acrylics
- different mark making
- past and contemporary painting techniques
- how to improve colour mixing skills and knowledge of colour pigments
- the uses of different mediums in acrylics
- how to explore different brush techniques
- to work towards developing own style in painting and expanding creative thinking
- how to understand picture composition
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your skills according to your own specific needs.
You will need to bring:
- drawing materials
- acrylic and oil paint
- suitable paint surface (canvas, paper, board)
Advice on materials will be provided in first lesson.
Please also bring an enthusiasm to investigate and explore painting with oil and acrylic! You should have some previous drawing and painting experience.