Art: Advanced, at Woodley Hill House
Working with a variety of medium from pencils, pastels, charcoal, printmaking techniques and painting mediums such as watercolour, acrylics and oils, you will be encouraged to complete artwork at a variety of scales and formats.
With the help and guidance of our expert tutor you will learn to develop your own style and work independently on short projects.
After these classes, you will walk away with confidence in your ability to explore ideas and techniques for personal projects and work independently.
During these classes, you will learn to:
- you will develop your drawing and observation skills to a higher level
- extend your knowledge of colour mixing to a wider palette
- you will be encouraged to develop your own style by working from a personal sketchbook
- discuss, appreciate and learn from your own and others work
- study past and present artists
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- group discussion
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
- individual tuition
Homework is not formally set but you may like to spend a small amount of time preparing for future lessons by gathering visual information or completing classwork as necessary.
Please being B-6B pencils and an A4 sketchpad to the first class and further advice will be given by the tutor.