Valentine’s Floral Celebration
February 14th, St. Valentine’s Day. A day of love and romance!
A day to shower the one you love with champagne, chocolates, and of course flowers! What better way to show your love than with a flower arrangement that you have made yourself?
From traditional rose bouquets to modern arrangements, your loved one will smile from ear to ear when they receive their floral declaration of love!
There will be demonstrations and practical work to give you the confidence to develop your own style and create a variety of decorative arrangements for use in your own home, in the community, or for special occasions.
You will learn the fundamentals of flower arranging including:
- conditioning, preparation, and choice of plant material
- the characteristics of fresh plant material
- techniques, tools, and mechanics needed to create a variety of contemporary and traditional designs
- practical experience in constructing a variety of creative arrangements
- elements and principles of design
- use and style of different containers and the incorporation of accessories
You will learn with a combination of formal instruction, step-by-step practical demonstrations, and group discussions.
You will work at your own pace with the help and guidance of a friendly and experienced tutor.
All materials including flowers will be provided. Do bring along an apron, and a pair of suitable scissors and secateurs if you have them.
Activate Learning offers a range of learning for leisure flower arranging courses and workshops throughout the year.
You can progress on to Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications in floristry.
There are no catering facilities open on a Saturday at the College, so please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks.
There is ample free parking on site.