The Principles of End of Life Care L2 Cert NCFE – Online
This is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
Britain has an ageing population. The number of people aged over 64 is expected to grow to 15 million by 2040, meaning that more people will live with serious chronic illnesses and need end of life care.
Our Level 2 course in end of life care will give you the knowledge you need to perform your role as a care worker for people approaching the final stage of their lives. You will learn how to support and manage pain and discomfort, and gain insight into the impact of dementia on end of life care. You’ll also develop the compassionate skills needed for supporting family and friends with the loss and grief process.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of end of life care
- Cover topics including the support needed to manage pain and discomfort
- Understand how dementia impacts on end of life care
- Learn the role of the care worker at time of death
- Learn the loss and grief process
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Increase your understanding of environmental awareness and act as a champion in the workplace
- Aged 19+
- Live in England
- Must have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 must have a Level 2 qualification