Spring to Summer Flower Arranging Fun (Cornerstone)
This is a mixed ability course suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve their flower arranging skills and techniques.
The course will cover a selection of elements and principles of flower arranging, together with a variety of techniques. There will be a demonstration followed by practical work enabling you to leave each week with a completed flower arrangement.
You will be able to work at your own pace with friendly and expert guidance from our experienced tutor.
Enjoy the abundance of spring and early summer flowers and create exciting flower arrangements suitable for your own home or as gifts for special occasions.
- Learn how to create exciting flower arrangements
- Understand the basic elements and principles of flower design
- Learn new techniques and mechanics to create a selection of traditional and contemporary designs
- Practical experience of creating and completing a variety of inspiring designs
You will learn by formal instruction, practical demonstration and your own practical experience. There will also be group discussions and research.
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- discussion and research
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
You will get the chance to develop your skills and techniques, ideas and designs for flower arranging.
Please bring the following to the first lesson:
- Clear glass or clear acrylic round bowl (about 9”-10” in diameter with a side depth of 2.5”-3”) Note: can be a square dish but must be clear and with these measurements
- Aluminium wire to match or contrast with your flowers (tutor can provide)
- Note pad and pen
- Large quantity of laurel leaves or similar, medium sized leaves and at least a quantity of 80+ will be used
- Optional some delicate trailing foliage such as ivy, Clematis or jasmine
- Selection of your choice and colour: smallish, dainty seasonal flowers such as spray carnations, spray roses, Chrysanthemums, Clematis
These are suggestions only. The flowers/foliage and colours are your choice. The tutor will have a supply of aluminium wire, if required.
There are additional costs associated with this course. Following a demonstration the previous week, you will need to supply your flowers and foliage, together with a container and oasis (as and when necessary).