Spring Flower Arranging Workshop
Under the guidance of our expert tutor, learn how to create beautiful flower arrangements for your home or for a loved one in this special floristry course.
This floristry workshop will involve using seasonal flowers and foliage in a variety of interesting and varied styles and is aimed at those with a keen interest and love of flowers.
During this workshop you will celebrate the beautiful flowers and foliage that grow in the Spring to create a beautiful arrangement.
You will learn the fundamentals of flower arranging including:
- conditioning, preparation, and choice of plant material
- the characteristics of fresh plant material
- techniques, tools, and mechanics needed to create a floral design
- practical experience of constructing a creative arrangement
- use and style of different containers and the incorporation of accessories
There will be demonstrations and practical work to give you the confidence to develop your own style and create a decorative arrangement for use in your own home, in the community or for special occasions.
You will work at your own pace with the help and guidance of a friendly and experienced tutor.
All materials including flowers will be provided, but please bring along:
- an apron
- a pair of suitable scissors, and secateurs if you have them.
- a box or sturdy bag to take your arrangements home in.
Activate Learning offers a range of Learning for Leisure floristry workshops throughout the year, along with a range of other options.
Catering facilities are not open at the weekends at the college. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks.
There is ample free parking on site.