Spring Flower Arranging with Lynn Sleet
Unleash your inner floral artist in this captivating 5-week course with the renowned master florist, Lynn Sleet, your guide and mentor.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or a passionate flower enthusiast, this course is tailor-made to elevate your flower arranging skills to new heights.
Gain hands-on experience in flower arranging, developing skills that will last a lifetime. You’ll learn the basics of floristry, along with all the mechanics that are a fundamental part of all florists’ work tools.
Connect with like-minded individuals who share your passion for creating beautiful floral arrangements.
Please note: The fee does not cover the cost of materials. You will need to purchase these as well as bring along the equipment that you use.
- Learn the basics of floristry, exploring various floral designs and techniques.
- Understand Floral Elements & Principles, making informed flower choices for your designs.
- Discover the secrets behind the mechanics that hold stunning flower designs together.
- Demystify the world of floristry tools and learn the art of working with Oasis.
- Unravel the mysteries of choosing the perfect container for your creations.
- You’ll receive a materials list before the start date to prepare for your floral adventure. You will need to purchase or bring your own flowers, foliage and materials on the day.
- Bring your creativity and a bucket for flowers, scissors, a plastic sheet or a cloth, a small knife, and a notebook.
- Capture your progress with a camera and come dressed in closed-toe shoes (no sandals or flip-flops please) and an apron or old clothes.
Lynn will guide you on the next steps in your floral journey, including opportunities with flower societies and organisations. She will also help you to explore future arranging courses for those eager to blossom further. Details can be found on the activate learning website.
Lynn Sleet is a master florist with a wealth of knowledge to share. She has had her own flourishing business for 14 years.
We warmly welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities, offering extra support to ensure everyone can flourish in this course. When you enrol, please let us know if you would like to discuss your support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team, who will then contact you as soon as possible.
Please note: If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class