Spanish Beginners Year 2
This is a part-time course for people with some basic knowledge of the language.
You will have 45 hours of previous study of the language in an adult environment or similar and an interest in consolidating and expanding your understanding of the language as well as gaining confidence, in a relaxed environment. This course is also suitable for those who have studied the language at school and wish to recap.
You can check your language level with our downloadable guide.
You’ll learn in a fun and supportive environment through a variety of engaging activities. The tutor will use a range of resources (videos, games, role-plays and handouts) to supplement the coursebook.
Please note: this course does not run during the half-term/ end-of-term breaks.
- revise and consolidate your prior knowledge of the language and will continue to learn to communicate effectively in everyday situations using all four language skills: speaking, writing, listening and reading
- expand your knowledge on a variety of aspects of the culture of the countries where the language is spoken
- continue to gain confidence in the use of the language
- expand on the basic understanding of the grammar and function of the language
- continue to cover a great variety of topics such as free time and hobbies, social activities, inviting people, travelling and transport
- learn to talk about the weather, to explain how you feel and more!
This course does not lead to a formal qualification, but we are happy to discuss ways to take a formal qualification.
The content of this course may vary according to the discretion of the tutor and the group’s learning pace.
Teaching methods include:
- audio/visual stimulation
- teacher-led, formal instruction
- group and pair work
You will have the chance to use the language in real-life situations through fun and engaging role-plays and lively group discussions.
You will also have access to your class learning resources through your college’s online account and will be advised on specialised websites for home learning.
Furthermore, you will get the opportunity to develop your language skills according to your own specific needs.
For this course, you will initially need a notebook and pens. Your tutor will let you know about textbooks and other learning materials.