Principles of Preventing and Controlling Infection in Health Care Level 2 Certificate: Online
This course is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
Every year in England, around 300,000 patients develop an infection while being treated by the NHS. Therefore, protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high-quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments. It is a skill that is also, therefore, highly in demand in the health sector.
You will also have:
- evidence of your competency for future/present employers
- gained deeper understanding of good personal hygiene
and maintaining a clean environment
- furthered your personal and professional development
Furthermore, you will have learned all this at a time that suits you, in way that matches your learning style, without the need to attend college!
Sign up today and you’ll be registered on the next weekly intake.
There are four mandatory modules to this course:
- Principles of the Causes and Spread of Infection in
Health Care Settings
- Principles of the Importance of Personal Hygiene
and Health in the Prevention and Control of
Infection in Health Care Settings
- Principles of Decontamination, Cleaning and Waste
Management in Health Care Settings
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control in a
Health Care Setting
- be aged 19+*
- live in England
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- not be currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- not have completed any part of the course before
You can progress from here to many of our online courses, so browse our website for the latest offerings or speak to your tutor, who will be more than happy to help!
Some examples of progression/additional study are:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting 4CDHEFQP0R or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.