NCFE Principles of Preventing and Controlling Infection in Health Care Level 2: Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
This is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
This course has a flexible start date and will run until 31 July 2024.
Every year in England, around 300,000 patients develop an infection while being treated by the NHS. Therefore, protecting people from infection is an essential element of providing high-quality care, especially considering the capacity some potentially life-threatening infections have to spread within care environments. It is a skill that is also, therefore, highly in demand in the health sector.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+
- live in England, not within anon-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
Please note:If aged 19-23 you must have a Level 2 qualification.
Sign up today and join the next weekly intake.
There are four mandatory modules in this course:
- Principles of the Causes and Spread of Infection in
Health Care Settings
- Principles of the Importance of Personal Hygiene
and Health in the Prevention and Control of
Infection in Health Care Settings
- Principles of Decontamination, Cleaning and Waste
Management in Health Care Settings
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control in a
Health Care Setting
In taking this course you will:
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- evidence your competency to employers
- further your personal and professional development
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Some examples of progression/additional study are:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online