Plumbing Level 2 Diploma (P/T)
This plumbing course allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the plumbing sector.
Please note: This qualification does not make candidates fully qualified plumbers. Additional training will be required.
Topics to include:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Practical and theory lessons take place in our well-equipped industry standard workshops, led by our industry specialist lecturers. You may be required to complete some study outside of the hours spent in college.
You will need 4 GCSEs at grades 3 or above including English language and maths or achievement on a relevant Level 1 course plus GCSE English language and maths at grade 3
You could progress to employment as a plumber’s mate with the potential to complete an NVQ in the workplace, making you a qualified Plumber. This would also open up opportunities to work towards gas qualifications.
The theory classes are formal lessons followed by City & Guilds online exams in stages.
For practical work, overalls and protective footwear are required.
It is highly recommended that students purchase books to assist in their studies. A reading list will be provided at the start of the course.