Pen and Ink Drawing
Pen and Ink drawings have existed for thousands of years, and the term ‘Pen and Ink’ denotes a drawing technique involving the use of black and other coloured inks which are applied to a surface, usually paper, with either a dip pen or a reservoir pen.
During this five week course, you will have the opportunity to explore the creative possibilities that this exciting medium offers. The tutor will reference the work of various artists designed to inspire and demonstrate the effects that are possible to achieve using this very expressive and traditional drawing technique.
Practical demonstrations will show how effects and textures can be achieved. Techniques covered during the course include; composition, structure, scale, volume, creating texture, landscapes and portraits.
This is a mixed ability course and all abilities are welcome; from beginners to more experienced artists wanting to experiment and challenge themselves.
- Practical analysis of artists work
- Opportunity to experiment with your materials
- Individual tuition as well as group discussion
- Techniques to further explore and improve your skills and confidence
- The opportunity to develop your skills according to your specific needs
- Producing finished artworks including still-life, landscape and portrait drawings
The course will give you:
- practical exercises that will develop your confidence.
- tutor demonstrations to explore techniques and effects
- 1-1 discussion and guidance from tutor
- group discussion to evaluate work & progress
- analysis of artists work
- learning through fun experimentation
Please provide your own dipping pen or fountain pen.
The following basic materials will be provided:
- drawing pencils
- black Drawing Ink and or other coloured ink
- various papers
You may wish to bring your own materials such as coloured paper and charcoal pencils.
Please wear old clothing or an apron.