Patisserie and Confectionery L2 Certificate
This course has been designed for anyone who would like to work as a Pastry/Patisserie Chef within the catering and hospitality sector, and it will equip you with the basic techniques needed to start a career in patisserie, pastry or bakery.
During the course, you will develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Investigating the catering and hospitality industry
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Catering operations, costs and menu planning
- Applying workplace skills
- Producing hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Producing paste products
- Producing biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Producing fermented dough products
You will gain the knowledge and practical skills to progress your career as a Pastry/Patisserie Chef within the hospitality industry.
You will be expected to have a strong interest in the subject.
You should also have a Level 1 qualification in Culinary Arts/Professional Cookery or be able to demonstrate strong evidence of passion and skill in patisserie.
You will need to achieve a minimum of GCSE grade 3 in maths and grade 4 in English Language due to the detailed assignments that are required.
On successful completion of this course, you could progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery course, or you could seek work in a professional kitchen.
You will need to purchase the required uniform and equipment for this programme, which will reflect both industry standards and safety requirements.