NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2 – Online
Study this course FREE, with no course fees!
This is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
If you want to gain a better understanding of challenging behaviour and how to support individuals who display it, this online qualification is a great way to build your knowledge.
You will learn about what ‘behaviour that challenges’ means, why some people display this behaviour and the impact it can have. You’ll also gain insight into how to support positive behaviour, the importance of communication and how to manage challenging behaviour.
Eligibility Criteria – this course is FREE if you:
- are aged 19+
- live in England, not within a non-funded postcode region
- have been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- are not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- have not completed any part of the course before
Please note: If aged 19-23 you must have a Level 2 qualification.
Sign up today and you’ll be registered on the next weekly intake.
Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
There are lots of reasons why someone’s behaviour might be challenging, anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities, dementia, to mention just a few.
You will gain an understanding of:
- behaviour that challenges
- how to support positive behaviour
- the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- the role of reflection and support for those involved in Incidents of behaviour that challenges
In taking this course you will:
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- evidence your competency to employers
- further your personal and professional development
- Be able to support individuals effectively
- learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Some examples of progression/additional study are:
- NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
- NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
- NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
- NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
- NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
- NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
- NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting 4CXHEFAP2R or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.