Mixed Media and Collage One Day Workshop
Spend a creative and relaxed day with our expert tutor on this creative layering using mixed media and collage workshop.
This will be an introduction to using mixed media to create interesting compositions and pictures in combination with using text as a form of creative practice.
You will work from still life or create your own compositions to develop your images with the aim of making a variety of collage and mixed media techniques and create a simple book.
This workshop is suitable for beginners and those with previous experience wishing to further develop their practice.
- A fun day exploring a range of media to develop your creative practice
- Use acrylics paints, charcoals, and other collage techniques
- Learn basics of collage and layering to create interesting images
- Work with a theme to create ideas and develop a story through collage
- Explore artists that have used this process
- Demonstration: collage techniques, learn how to plan and layout your collage
- Explore layering, colour, and composition
- You will create a finished collage adding other media and papers to support your images/print
- Materials experimentation to build your confidence and ability to manipulate materials
- Group discussion and showing of work at end of class to reflect in mini critique and display of your artwork encouraging self-reflection
Please wear comfortable clothes and bring an apron (it may get messy!) as well as lunch and refreshments.
What else do I need to know?
Basic materials will be supplied but you may wish to bring your own:
- Craft knife or scissors
- Cutting mat
- Scrap papers you have laying around such as: packing paper, envelopes,
- Old photographs and images that inspire you
- Inspirational quotes, poetry, text that you find inspiration
- Magazines, book papers – anything you find interesting
- Pair of gloves to protect hands, especially when cleaning (marigold type or other)
- A collection of found textured materials, for example:
- Bubble wrap, cotton buds, corrugated card, household sponges, paintbrushes, toothbrush, fruit netting all to create textures
- Sturdy card/ back of sketchbook or you can use Amazon/or other delivery cardboard packaging
- Sturdy brush for glueing
- Brushes for painting onto textured materials to print from
- Acrylic paints just a small pack such as Complete Acrylic Starter Kit