Intermediate Photography: Using Equipment and Telling Stories
This ten-week course will reinforce the use of camera controls and progress onto lenses and accessories. You will learn about the “visual message” and how to tell stories with your images. Each two-hour session will feature hands-on practice and related theory, you will receive relevant hand-outs and advice for independent research.
By the end of the course, you will understand focal length and perspective along with colour theory and other rules of composition. You will also complete a short photographic photo essay project to showcase your new skills!
You will gain an understanding of:
• colour theory and the importance of colour in composition
• the use of lenses, aperture, focal length, and perspective
• how and when to use exposure compensation
• creating stories using a photograph or series of images
• how to safely use a range of settings and techniques to create a coherent set of photographs.
You will learn though:
• tutor talks
• practical activities
• group discussion
A digital camera is essential, SLR or Mirrorless preferred.
You will also need access to a variety of lenses, tripods etc
You can progress to our advanced digital photography course