Flowers for Fun (Cornerstones)
This is a mixed ability course suitable for beginners and those wishing to improve their flower arranging skills and techniques.
The course will cover a selection of elements and principles of flower arranging, together with a variety of techniques. There will be a demonstration followed by practical work enabling you to leave each week with a completed flower arrangement.
You will be able to work at your own pace with friendly and expert guidance from our experienced tutor.
Celebrate Flowers for Fun with some dynamic flower designs suitable for your own home or as gifts for special occasions.
You will learn:
- how to create exciting flower arrangements
- to understand the basic elements and principles of flower design
- new techniques and mechanics to create a selection of traditional and contemporary designs
- practical experience of creating and completing a variety of inspiring designs
You will learn by formal instruction, practical demonstration and your own practical experience. There will also be group discussions and research.
Teaching methods include:
- formal instruction
- discussion and research
- individual tuition
- practical demonstration
- practical experience
You will get the chance to develop your skills and techniques, ideas and designs for flower arranging.
For the first lesson please bring:
- oasis square round dish
- oasis to fill
- pot tape – to secure oasis
- note pad and pen
- soft Ruscus – about 8-10 stems
- Pittosporum – about 8-10 stems
- filler foliage – for example hebe
- small/medium ivy leaves – or similar – about 10-12 leaves
- selection of your choice (roses, carnations or germini – about 10 stems)
- smaller filler flowers such as Chrysanthemums, spray carnations, Muscari
Or Hypericum Berries.
These are suggestions only. The flowers/foliage and colours are your choice. The tutor will have a supply of the oasis dishes, oasis and pot tape, if required.
There are additional costs associated with this course. Following a demonstration the previous week, you will need to supply your flowers and foliage, together with a container and oasis (as and when necessary).