Exploring Creative Watercolour Painting
During this 10-week Watercolour Painting course gain insight into the possibilities of this exciting medium through exploration of creating watercolours with a different approach. You will explore a range of watercolour techniques such as creative ways of mark-making, various brush techniques, creating textures and developing effective colour combinations whilst considering different compositions and viewpoints.
This course is suitable for those who know basic watercolour techniques and those who have some previous experience of working with this exciting and versatile medium.
There are a limited number of FREE places available on this course, for those aged 19 and over (at the start of the course) and who either have a mental health condition or difficulty, are employed and earning an annual salary less than £17,004 per annum, in receipt of state benefit in your own name and unemployed or working and earning less than £338 per month (or £541 for household claims), are a single parent, or have a social or emotional difficulty.
- Investigate composition to plan and develop imagery
- Explore the work of a variety of watercolour artists related to different subjects.
- How to develop a creative approach to watercolour painting
- How to achieve effective and exciting backgrounds
- Explore the boundaries of picture composition
- Develop an understanding of creating atmosphere, structure and form
- Explore colour balance and effective colour combinations
- Guided individual tuition
- Optional homework exercises
You will need to bring watercolour paints, watercolour paper to work on, brushes and drawing materials if you have some. Wear old clothing or bring an apron or old shirt.
The tutor will advise on additional materials as required.
Some watercolour painting experience would be useful but not essential.