Exploring Creative Watercolour Painting
You will explore a range of watercolour techniques such as creative ways of mark-making, various brush techniques, creating textures and developing effective colour combinations whilst considering different compositions and viewpoints.
This course is suitable for those who know basic watercolour techniques and those who have some previous experience of working with this exciting and versatile medium.
- Investigate composition to plan and develop imagery
- Explore the work of a variety of watercolour artists related to different subjects.
- How to develop a creative approach to watercolour painting
- How to achieve effective and exciting backgrounds
- Explore the boundaries of picture composition
- Develop an understanding of creating atmosphere, structure and form
- Explore colour balance and effective colour combinations
- Guided individual tuition
- Optional homework exercises
You will need to bring watercolour paints, watercolour paper to work on, brushes and drawing materials if you have some. Wear old clothing or bring an apron or old shirt.
The tutor will advise on additional materials as required.
Some watercolour painting experience would be useful but not essential.
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting AC/M/PX275 or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.