Electric Vehicle Charging Installations Level 3 Award (2921-31)
This qualification in Electric Vehicle Charging covers additional methods of protecting against open PEN conductor faults and how to assess if an installation has an issue with diverted neutral current.
It also covers smart functions in EVSE and relevant items within the installation as a whole, including the integration into prosumer’s electrical installations and reverse feeding into the installation and/or grid.
When you successfully complete this course, you will gain a City and Guilds Level 3 Award in the Design and Installation of Domestic and Small Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Installations (2921-31).
You will learn:
- the key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment (EVCE)
- the different types and features of electric vehicle charging equipment.
- the requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment and circuits.
- how electric vehicles can be utilised as electrical energy storage systems as part of a prosumer’s installation.
Online multiple choice test, plus a short answer and scenario based question paper.
This qualification is aimed at practising, qualified electricians.
Centres must ensure that any prospective candidates have at least ONE of the following;
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
- 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification • 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
- 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- Equivalent historical qualifications (see EAS Table 4B/4C) EAS Qualifications guide December 2020 (theiet.org) or
- ECS Gold Card, JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card
Equivalent qualifications from other awarding organisations will also be acceptable.
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting EI/P/P3036 or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.