Designs for Mother’s Day
Give your mum the unique gift of learning a new skill with flower arranging classes or come along and design a beautiful gift to give to that special Mum.
Expect hands-on guidance and expert tuition to complete your arrangement and lots of tips and tricks to create your own designs at home. All abilities are welcomed and no experience is necessary.
All materials and tools are provided. A wonderful opportunity to spend some quality time with loved ones.
You will learn the fundamentals of flower arranging including:
- conditioning, preparation, and choice of plant material
- the characteristics of fresh plant material
- techniques, tools, and mechanics needed to create a variety of contemporary and traditional designs
- practical experience in constructing a variety of creative arrangements
- elements and principles of design
- use and style of different containers and the incorporation of accessories
There will be demonstrations and practical work to give you the confidence to develop your own style and create a variety of decorative arrangements for use in your own home, in the community, or for special occasions.
You will work at your own pace with the help and guidance of a friendly and experienced tutor.
All materials including flowers will be provided. Do bring along an apron, and a pair of suitable scissors and secateurs if you have them.
Activate Learning offers a range of learning for leisure flower arranging courses and workshops throughout the year.
You can progress on to Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 qualifications in floristry.