Community Wellbeing: The Art of Flower Arranging in an Afternoon
In this course learn how to use seasonal flowers and foliage in a variety of interesting styles, perfect if you have a keen interest and love of flowers.
There will be demonstrations and practical work to give you the confidence to develop your own style and create a variety of decorative arrangements for use in your own home, in the community or for special occasions.
This is one of our Community Wellbeing courses.
Our Community Wellbeing programme offers a series of FREE courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental wellbeing for adults aged 19 and over. You are eligible for these funded places if you are aged 19 or over (at the start of the course) and either have a mental health condition or difficulty, are employed and earning an annual salary less than £17,004 per annum, in receipt of state benefit in your own name and unemployed or working and earning less than £338 per month (or £541 for household claims), are a single parent, or have a social or emotional difficulty. For further details and terms and conditions please view our Community Wellbeing page.
You will learn:
- conditioning, preparation and choice of plant material
- the characteristics of fresh plant material
- techniques, tools and mechanics needed to create a variety of contemporary and traditional designs
- practical experience of constructing a variety of creative arrangements
- elements and principles of design
- use and style of different containers and the incorporation of accessories
You will work at your own pace with the help and guidance of a friendly and experienced tutor.
You will learn via:
- a combination of formal instruction
- step-by-step practical demonstration
- group discussion
- assessment and evaluation
- practical experience with one-to-one support
Printed handouts will accompany certain aspects of the course.
You will need:
- an apron
- a pair of suitable scissors and secateurs, if you have them
Activate Learning offers a range of learning for leisure flower arranging courses and workshops throughout the year.