Community Wellbeing: Mindful Photography Nature and Landscape
Spending time in the natural environment in a mindful way can bring calm to our daily lives. During this six week course learn how photography can help you reconnect with nature to create stunning images working with natural light.
As the weather and light are always changing this is an opportunity to be mindful in the natural environment and grateful for the fleeting moments that we experience.
- Learn how to use a 35mm SLR or digital camera
- Improve your technical ability and enhance your end results
- How to plan which locations to shoot and what time of day you might achieve the best results
- How to be mindful in the natural environment and patient whilst waiting for the perfect light or alignment of the clouds
- Live onsite tutor presentations
- Group discussion and positive tutor and peer assessment
- Guided practical work and self-directed work to complete between sessions (completion of self-directed work is not mandatory)
- 35mm Digital SLR camera would be beneficial and offer the greatest flexibility however, any digital camera would suffice including a smartphone
- Tripod also helpful (with a phone clamp should you wish to use your smartphone)
- The college does have a small supply of cameras and Tripods which can be shared amongst the group
The college does have a small supply of cameras and Tripods which can be shared amongst the group.
Expert tutor on hand to answer any queries and offer practical guidance.