Community Wellbeing: Make a Santa Sack
This is a fun, practical and creative sewing workshop where you will design and make a unique Christmas keepsake. Use applique and embellishment techniques to make your piece personal so Santa knows where to deliver the presents for a special boy or girl.
Our Community Wellbeing programme* has been designed to include courses that will develop your skills, confidence and promoting a sense of wellbeing. Each workshop will be delivered at a gentle pace with lots of tutor support and is suitable for beginners and more experienced creatives.
*Please visit our Community Wellbeing page to see if you are eligible for a free place.
- Confidence using the sewing machine
- Applique techniques
- Embellishment techniques
- Finishing techniques
You will produce a personalised Santa Sack and learn the following:
- individual tuition and guidance
- practical demonstrations and experience
- trouble shooting problems
- a finishing Christmas keepsake to be proud of!
All basic materials will be supplied but you may wish to bring your own fabric, threads, ribbons, buttons you wish to use.
- ideas you have for your design
- enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- packed lunch (refreshments are available on-site for a small cost)