Community Wellbeing: Festive Table Runner and Napkin
This is a one day practical and creative workshop to make your festive table look uniquely special. Make an applique table runner as a showpiece for your celebrations. Napkins can be made personalised and you can create a style that is individual as you are. This course is suitable for all abilities.
Our Community Wellbeing programme has been designed to include courses that will develop your skills, confidence and promoting a sense of wellbeing. Each workshop will be delivered at a gentle pace with lots of tutor support and is suitable for beginners and more experienced creatives.
*Please visit our Community Wellbeing page to see if you are eligible for a free place.
- Confidence using the sewing machine
- Applique techniques
- Fabric manipulation, embellishment techniques, hand embroidery
- Finishing techniques
- Individual tuition and guidance
- Practical demonstrations and experience
- Trouble shooting problems
- Your designs are made into beautiful unique applique items
Basic materials are supplied but you may wish to bring your own fabric of your choice, a long strip to run up the centre of your table and enough for napkins. (Approx. 3M)
- ideas you have for your design
- enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- a packed lunch (refreshments are available to purchase on-site)
We have some fabrics and thread available for you to use but the patterns and colours may not be your choice. Please bring with you any fabric, threads, ribbons, buttons you wish to use.