Community Wellbeing: Drawing and Mindfulness
This engaging and relaxed five week Drawing and Mindfulness course will introduce you to the work of celebrated artists and explore their diverse styles and the materials they have used to express themselves through their exciting work. Each weekly workshop will enable you to create and experiment with your own creativity.
It’s well known that art and creativity have a positive effect on our mental, emotional and physical wellbeing and our Community Wellbeing programme has been designed to include courses that will develop your skills, confidence and promoting a sense of wellbeing. Each workshop will be delivered at a gentle pace with lots of tutor support and is suitable for beginners and more experienced creatives.
Our Community Wellbeing programme offers a series of free*, government-funded courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental wellbeing for adults aged 19 and over (at the start of the course). These courses are separate from our main adult learning courses and are tailored to support your wellbeing.
*Please visit our Community Wellbeing homepage to see if you are eligible for a free place.
- Your tutor will introduce you to the drawings of a variety of artists, both traditional and contemporary, these examples will inspire and show the diverse possibilities that can be achieved. How texture, mood, light and emotion can be expressed.
- You will learn about a variety of drawing materials and how to use them.
- You will experiment to produce a variety of drawing effects, enabling you to develop your creative skills.
- You will be introduced to still-life drawing, landscape and portraits.
- You will be encouraged to express yourself through experimentation.
- That there is no right and wrong way to draw, but endless possibilities.
- We will discuss mindfulness and its benefits in helping to manage our daily lives in a positive way.
Teaching methods include:
- tutor demonstration
- individual guidance and support
- hands-on experience and experimentation
- formal instruction
- discussion and examples to see
All basic materials and equipment will be supplied but you may wish to bring your own:
- soft Pencils 2B or 4B
- A3 sketch pad
- other basic materials will also be supplied
Other Community Wellbeing courses.