Community Wellbeing: Design and Make an Apron
This is a fun, practical and creative sewing workshop where you will design and make your own personalised apron with a pocket. This is a great first sewing project, where under the guidance of our experienced tutor you will gain confidence using a sewing machine. This is a fun project to make an apron for you or as a special gift for a loved one.
Our Community Wellbeing programme* has been designed to include courses that will develop your skills, confidence and promoting a sense of wellbeing. Each workshop will be delivered at a gentle pace with lots of tutor support and is suitable for beginners and more experienced creatives.
*Please visit our Community Wellbeing page to see if you are eligible for a free place.
- Confidence using the sewing machine
- Embellishment techniques
- How to cut a simple pattern
- Use bias binding
- Add your own personalised applique design
- Finishing techniques
You will produce a personalised apron and learn the following:
- individual tuition and guidance
- practical demonstrations and experience
- trouble shooting problems
- finishing an apron to be proud of!
All basic materials will be supplied but you may wish to bring your own fabric, threads, ribbons, buttons you wish to use.
- Ideas you have for your design
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Packed lunch (refreshments are available on-site for a small cost)
Tea, coffee and snacks are available to purchase on site.
We have some fabric and threads available for you to use but these are limited and they may not be your choice of pattern or colour, so if you have some fabric that you want to use please bring it with you.