Community Wellbeing: Decoupage
Decoupage is the art of glueing paper to a surface to create a new design, and a great way to upcycle glass objects. Whether you want to make a one-of-a-kind flower vase or you’re thinking of decorating a jar as a tealight holder, this is an easy and enjoyable craft project that anyone can do.
Under the guidance of our experienced tutor, you will have the opportunity to learn the craft of decoupage which will include learning about materials and methods to turn your glass items into beautiful objects.
Our Community Wellbeing programme* has been designed to include courses that will develop your skills, confidence and promoting a sense of wellbeing. Each workshop will be delivered at a gentle pace with lots of tutor support and is suitable for beginners and more experienced creatives.
*Please visit our Community Wellbeing page to see if you are eligible for a free place.
- Learn about the best glass items that can be used and upcycled
- Types of papers used for the base layer and how to select and design the top layer designs
- How to glue and varnish your piece
This is a relaxed class, that just allows you to get absorbed in creativity. You will create at least one project by the end of the course.
- Tutor demonstration
- Practical exercises
- Individual support
- Practical experience
All basic materials will be supplied, but you may wish to bring:
- A Piece of smooth glass for example, a jar or bottle
- Any pretty paper napkins with designs that you may like to use, or share with the group