Community Learning – Photography- studio and darkroom
You will be led by the professional tutor, James Kieft, to develop your photography skills, within an impressive studio and darkroom.
Connecting with like-minded individuals, you will get to share your images, exchange ideas and develop new skills in a welcoming environment.
Participation and creativity can offer relief and increase your wellbeing, having a positive effect on your day to day life!
Our Community Learning programme offers a series of free, government-funded courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental wellbeing for adults aged 19 or over (at the start of the course).
Please visit our Community Learning homepage to see if you are eligible for a free place.
You will learn a variety of exciting photography skills, including:
- processing black and white film
- black and white printing and image making
- how to make the most of your any camera type, building your confidence in navigating the settings
- improving the composition of your images
- altering the viewpoint can add impact to your images
- tips for how take better portraits and landscapes
- simple image editing techniques to optimise your images
- an introduction to studio lighting
- how to download and share your photos
- ways to create a simple image composite
Through a series of interactive workshops that will demonstrate equipment in the studio and the darkroom equipment, you will gain techniques to use beyond the studio.
Not to mention, you will have the opportunity to showcase and celebrate your achievements with an end of term exhibition!
As there are limited digital cameras available, please bring your digital camera or mobile phone and tripod if you have one.
You are welcome to join all or any of the following Saturday sessions from 9.30-11.30am:
- 25th of February
- 4th, 11th,18th, 25th of March
- 22nd, 29th of April
- 13th, 20th of May
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting 3ADPTUA03R or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.