Community Learning – Painting and Drawing
This course will allow you to tap into your creativity through the guidance of Jan Lueck, a qualified Art Teacher, with a masters in Fine Art from Wimbledon School of Art. With her 25 years of experience, she will guide you through drawing and painting, with specialist techniques.
As Jan is also a practising artist, exhibiting her own work for both solo and group exhibitions you will have insights into the art world.
Furthermore, you can ask Jan Lueck about printmaking, as she is a member of Oxford Printmakers Co-operative (OPC), where she teaches other art courses in Oxfordshire.
This is one of our Community Learning courses.
Our Community Learning programme offers a series of free, government-funded courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental well-being for adults.
Participation can help those managing mental health conditions that have a mild-moderate impact on their day-to-day lives. You need to be aged 19 or over (at the start of the course) AND:
•employed and earning an annual salary of less than £20,319 or
•unemployed, in receipt of state benefit and looking for work
•have a social or emotional difficulty, or challenges with mental health or emotional wellbeing
You are welcome to join all or any of the following Friday afternoons, from 1-3pm:
Dates 2023: Sept 29, Oct 6,13,20 Nov 3,10,17,24 Dec 1,8,15
2024: Jan 12,19,26 Feb 2,9,23 March 1,8,15,22 April 19,26 May 3,10,17,24, June 7,14,21,28, July 5,12
You will expand your creative abilities through:
- Drawing skills, including: mark making, describing line, form, proportions, shading, tonal work, perspective and compositional elements.
- Use of different drawing materials, such as: pencils, charcoal, chalks, oil pastels, inks and mixed media use of drawing materials.
- Painting skills covering: different brushwork and surfaces, colour mixing/theory.
- Painting techniques and styles, eg: wet on wet, Impasto, colour blending, wax resist, use of mixed media and developing compositions.
- Use of different painting materials: watercolours, acrylics, Inks, mixed media.
During your course, you will learn:
- from tutor demonstrations and examples
- from individual one to one instruction by tutor
- by working from direct observation and still life
- by working from images, photos and artists copies
- provided by the tutor and the student’s own chosen images
- by looking and discussing other artists work
You are welcome to join all or any of the following Friday afternoons from 1-3pm:
- 24th of February
- 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st of March
- 21st, 28th of April
- 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th of May
- 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th of June
Our Community Learning programme offers a series of free, government-funded courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental wellbeing for adults aged 19 and over (at the start of the course). Participation can help those managing mental health conditions that have a mild-moderate impact on their day to day lives.
Please visit our Community Learning homepage to see if you are eligible for a free place.