Community Learning: Life Drawing
Unlock your creativity and learn to think like an artist. Join our Community Learning weekly Life Drawing classes!
Drawing from the figure is a classic, traditional skill and these life drawing sessions are ideal for those wanting to learn and improve, or for beginners who would like to just have a go.
We’ll be offering a two-hour session on Tuesday evenings 6pm-8pm, giving you plenty of time to experiment. You can attend as many of the sessions as you wish!
Participation and creativity can offer relief and increase your well-being, having a positive effect on your day-to-day life!
This is one of our Community Learning courses. You are welcome to attend as many of our classes as you wish.
Dates: Sept 26, Oct 3,10,17,31, Nov 7,14,21,28, Dec 5,12
2024: Jan 9, 16, 23, 30 Feb 6, 20, 27, March 5, 12, 19, 26, April 16 ,23, 30, May 7, 14, 21, June 4, 11, 18, 25, July 2, 9
Our Community Learning programme offers a series of FREE courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental wellbeing for adults aged 19 or over.
You are eligible for these funded places if you are aged 19 or over (at the start of the course) and also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- either have a mental health condition or difficulty
- are employed and earning an annual salary less than £17,004 per annum
- in receipt of state benefit in your own name and unemployed or working and earning less than £338 per month (or £541 for household claims)
- are a single parent
- have a social or emotional difficulty
Please visit our?Community Learning Community Learning homepage to see if you are eligible for a free place.
The course covers the basics of observational drawing, which will be improved upon each week. if you are more experienced, there will be tutoring to further your abilities.
You will be working from a life model, both male and female, that will be unclothed. You will gain a better understanding of the human form, and greater skill at drawing it.
You will expand your creative abilities through:
- drawing skills, including: mark making, describing line, form, proportions, shading, tonal work, perspective and compositional elements
- use of different drawing materials, such as: pencils, charcoal, chalks, oil pastels, inks and mixed media use of drawing materials
- painting skills covering: different brushwork and surfaces, colour mixing/theory
- use of different painting materials: watercolours, acrylics, Inks, mixed media
During the workshops you will focus on technique and materials in a practical, hands-on class- combining traditional Life Drawing practices with experimental drawing ideas and mediums.
Basic materials will be provided, however we encourage you to bring any materials or equipment you may already own and wish to use.
Please explore our other creative community and Learning for Leisure courses on offer!
This course runs term time only.
Tutor: Hector Garay
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting BYAEL60EA or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.