Community Learning: Introduction to Painting and Drawing
Our highly experienced tutor will encourage and guide you through your creative journey. You will tap into your artistic talents through a series of fun practical exercises. These will help you start drawing and painting in response to the world around you, working with your imagination and ideas.
Our Community Learning programme offers a series of free, government-funded courses to develop skills, knowledge and confidence to improve your mental wellbeing.
These courses are separate from our main adult learning courses and are for adults aged 19 or over (at the start of the course). Please see the terms and conditions to see if you are eligible for a FREE place.
You are welcome to join all or any of the following course dates:
4, 11, 18 October
1, 8, 15, 22, 29 November
6, 13 December
17, 24, 31 January
7, 21, 28 February
7, 14, 21, 28 March
During this course, you will learn:
- through developing your existing skills using traditional methods of mark making
- painting techniques for expressive painting
- to create linear drawings
- how to use tone to create depth in an image
- to create effective compositions and use colour to contrast and compliment
- ways to employ mixed media for interesting artworks
This course welcomes experienced and beginner artists.
You will learn through a mixture of explanation and demonstration. Exercises in independent and group activities will allow for you to use many approaches and techniques.
Also, peer support and one to one guidance will assist you in your artistic journey.