Community Learning: Painting, Drawing and Printmaking
Tap into your artistic talents with this creative course introducing you to drawing, painting and practical printmaking techniques. A series of fun practical exercises will help you to start your creative journey, looking at art, responding to the world around you and working with your imagination and ideas. Once you are familiar with different techniques, you can use the course to evolve your own projects.
Each workshop will be delivered at a gentle pace with lots of tutor support and is suitable for beginners and more experienced creatives.
Participation and creativity can offer relief and increase your well-being, having a positive effect on your day-to-day life!
We’ll be offering a two-hour session on Saturday mornings 10.30am-12.30pm, giving you plenty of time to experiment. You can attend as many of the sessions as you wish!
2023: Sept 30, Oct 7,14, 2 , Nov 4, 11, 18, 25 , Dec 2, 9, 16
2024: Jan 13, 20, 2, ,Feb 3, 10 ,24, March 2, 9, 16 ,23, April 20, 27, ,May 11, 18, 25, June 8,15 ,22 ,29, July 6, 13
Our Community Learning programme offers a series of free, government-funded courses to develop skills, knowledge, confidence and improve mental wellbeing for adults aged 19 or over (at the start of the course).
Please visit our Community Learning homepage to see if you are eligible for a free place.
You will expand your creative abilities through:
- drawing skills, including: mark making, describing line, form, proportions, shading, tonal work, perspective and compositional elements
- use of different drawing materials, such as: pencils, charcoal, chalks, oil pastels, inks and mixed media use of drawing materials
- painting skills covering: different brushwork and surfaces, colour mixing/theory, painting techniques and styles, eg: wet on wet, colour blending, use of mixed media and developing compositions
- use of different painting materials: watercolours, acrylics, Inks, mixed media
- exploring main printmaking methods like relief printing and mono-printing
During the workshops, you will learn primarily through hands-on application in the studio, with demonstrations. Along with additional hand-outs, you will be able to experiment with techniques yourself.
Basic materials will be provided, however we encourage you to bring any materials or equipment you may already own and wish to use.
This course runs term time only.
Tutor Profile: Hector Garay-Airaghi
Alternatively enrol by phone quoting BYAEL52D0 or ask a question
Meet the tutors
We want our learners to feel welcome, safe and at ease when attending our classes, especially if this is your first time attending an adult education class or if you're coming back to education after a break.
If you're interested in one of courses, meet our tutors first! You'll see they have similar passions and interests and, most importantly, the right qualifications to help you make the most of your time and money.