Community Learning – Identifying Trees In Winter
- employed and earning an annual salary of less than £20,319 or
- unemployed, in receipt of state benefit and looking for work
- have a social or emotional difficulty, or challenges with mental health or emotional wellbeing
The course will help you expand your general knowledge of the world around you. You will learn how to understand and use the trees characteristics to make an accurate identification of trees in the local environment.
The course will be taught 25% classroom and 75% in the field, so appropriate footwear and clothing is essential.
- A natural curiosity and a desire to learn.
- A willingness to get close to the natural world.
- Pens and paper to take notes.
- Old clothes and sturdy footwear.
- Wet weather clothing in case of rain.
- Sun cream and hat in case the weather is hot.
- Conservation of British Habitats
- Practical Habitat Management course
- Level 3 Diploma in Wildlife and Conservation
- Other courses in the Community Learning series
There are no catering facilities open at the weekend at the College. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks.