Community Learning – British Mammals of Woodland and Grassland
- employed and earning an annual salary of less than £20,319
- or unemployed, in receipt of state benefit and looking for work
- have a social or emotional difficulty, or challenges with mental health or emotional wellbeing
For further details and terms and conditions please view our Community Learning Page
On this course, you will learn how to identify mammal species by their characteristics and how their ecology may influence their habitat preferences and distribution, alongside how species conservation status and population can be measured through surveying.
You will gain knowledge of the species and habitats, which enhances your understanding of the landscape and human influence affecting the countryside.
- A natural curiosity and a desire to learn.
- A willingness to get close to the natural world.
- Pens and paper to take notes.
- Old clothes and sturdy footwear.
- Wet weather clothing in case of rain.
- Sun cream and hat in case the weather is hot.
- Conservation of British Habitats
- Practical Habitat Management course
- Level 3 Diploma in Wildlife and Conservation
- Other courses in the Community Learning series